Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Sleeve Madness

For my fiber-bemused buddy:
(you know who you are--hee hee!)



"O mercy, God! what masquing stuff is here?
What's this? a sleeve? 'tis like a demi-cannon:
What, up and down, carved like an apple-tart?
Here's snip and nip and cut and slish and slash,
Like to a censer in a barber's shop:
Why, what, i' devil's name, tailor, call'st thou this?"

--Petruchio, Act 4, Scene 3
'The Taming of the Shrew' by William Shakespeare

I am in Stockinette Purgatory on the first redo of the Zarah sleeve. This quote comes to mind as I just watched a video of this play last week. Apropos, I think, so I thought a quick blog was in order. Blogging, even briefly gives me a break. Tonight it's plodding sleeve stockinette and some 1963-4 vintage Season 1 'Outer Limits' courtesy of Netflix. Hokey and excellent! Sleeve on, Macduff! (that is homage to the video of Macbeth that awaits...)

On a tangential sleeve note, here is a daily rant: why the heck is it that I have 3 sets of size 4 needles and 4 sets of size 6's, but no matching set of size 5's? I mean really, what's up with that?!

Another ranting note as to the quality of my day: my hands stink of bleach at the moment as I attempt to remove blue sharpie ink from a white lab coat. That's what I get for absentmindedly putting a sharpie with the cap on the wrong end back in my pocket: a nice, vivid stripe across my boob. As my boss observed this morning: "It's the right angle for a rightie to put it back into the pocket." Lovely. Well, yay Clorox!

No comments: